Thursday, January 21, 2016

Wild Applause

Not too many of us ever receive applause of any kind.  Sure maybe when we graduate, or retire…but real applause, from strangers?  David Bowie knew it.  Glen Frey knew it. Heck, I sorta know it, because sometimes people applaud when I finish singing a song ( and not because I am finished singing the song…). But it's rare for normal people in normal walks of life to hear applause directed towards them.

Today, however, I heard wild applause.  A room full of people clapped in earnest for something I did.  Ok, they were my students, and it was a book that I finished reading, but they applauded! Wildly.  Very cool.

Therefore, I recommend "Because of Winn-Dixie", by Kate DiCamillo.  If you have a young person (8-11 or so…) in your life, read it to them.  It is sweet, poignant, fun, touching, and apparently, really good.

Who knows?  You might need to take a curtain call.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the resource! Going to share w my own 10 yr olds.
    Ps- you should post your blog links in the FB group School Leaders who think BIG

    ReplyDelete