Saturday, January 30, 2016

"He not busy being born is busy dying", Bob Dylan

I just finished reading a short little book called "Show Your Work", by Austin Kleon.  My girlfriend, Lauren, bought it, and I stole it from her.  I will give it back to her someday, maybe tomorrow.

In the book, Kleon writes that it is important to share your ideas.  Who'da thunk it?  It is full of great little snippets about modern American life, and how to be heard while living it. There is a section in the book called "Behind the Scenes", a collection of outtakes made while writing it. One that hit a chord with me is "Our obituaries are written before we're dead."

Which, along with the title of this post,  explains why I have a girlfriend, and a great one at that, who's name is Lauren.

And I want my obituary to be really long, full of lots of interesting places, song titles, and people's names.

1 comment:

  1. It's rather appropriate that you "stole" this book from your girlfriend.... since the first book written by Austin Kleon is titled, "Steal Like An Artist."

    ReplyDelete